Sunday, April 1, 2012

An April Fool Starts a New Year

An April Fool Starts a New Year

Day 1

Let me just say this,  I’m tired.  I ‘m tired of being tired, overweight and unhealthy.  I’m tired of looking in the mirror and being surprised at how old or out of shape I am.   I ‘m tired of the fluctuations in weight from year to year.  The forty pound swings from spring to winter to spring again have to stop.  I have to to change.  I not only have to change the way I eat food but I have to change the way I behave around it.

Towards, Memorial Day last year I was the healthiest and lightest I had been in some time thanks to a rigorous P90X diet and workout.  Today (45 lbs heavier) , I feel like I’m the farthest thing from that, swinging closer and closer to being unhealthy and out of control.   My motivation is lacking even though I know that I need to change direction.  I know that I am good at lying to myself yet I keep believing the lies.  I need to change and that is what this blog and my openness is all about.  This isn't about a diet or a fad it's about a change in my behavior towards food (beer included) and myself. For the three of you that have continued reading this far, this is about accountability to you.  As you read earlier, I am good at  lying to myself but I think I want to be honest to you.  I want to be held accountable for my actions and behaviors.  I want to make better choices.  



The goal?  Not totally sure yet.  Of course,  I want lose weight and la de da but I want to keep it off. I want to make life lasting healthy decisions about food and my behavior towards it.  I want to be educated and I want to pass that along and eventually motivate others to take this walk as well.  I have to find the path first.

This is a journey and I hope you check in from time to time because I intend to change and I want you to hold me accountable.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Tory. Glad you're sharing this because it, in turn, holds us accountable! I'm eager to hear your take on "food relationships"...that is sooo my issue, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always been able to accomplish whatever it is you put your mind to! I have the same goals as you:) I'm sure together we can get to where we want and need to be. Love you honey!!!

    ReplyDelete