My goal is to change the way I look and act towards food and drink to achieve overall wellness and sustain a healthy lifestyle.
Eating Right
This is the easy part. We all know what is good and bad for us and make conscious decisions and choices on food. Believe it or not, I eat pretty healthy during the week but go balls to the wall crazy on the weekends which usually start with lunch on Friday and end sometime late Sunday night with an orgy of food and beer in between. If I can control that weekend gluttony I believe I can regain semblance of a healthy diet.
Drinking Less
This is the hard part. I have developed a taste for Craft Beers. I love them. It is like drinking sweet nectar from the Gods. It is almost like my addiction to chocolate a few years back but better. I simply, simply have to stop drinking beer during the week. I also have to stop drinking soooo much of it during the weekend. It has become a part of my evenings and nice weekend days. It is also very very expensive. If you want to watch your money disappear start drinking Craft beer. It also leads to very very poor food decisions.
Exercise
This is the sole reason I am not 400lbs right now. I enjoy fitness. For the time being though I am going to get back into running. Over the last year I took time off from it and think that is one of reasons I have ballooned in weight. I stopped doing something I enjoyed. I also plan on incorporating a steady supply of Yoga to supplement recovery and maintain some strength and flexibility in my body.
Sleep
I think this is too often overlooked. Sleep is the key to wellness. Drinking as much beer as I have been I haven't been able to get a good deep uninterrupted REM sleep in a while.
Play
Play is important to our social well being as well it can provided some added exercise benefits and relief stress. I plan on openly engaging my children in play and spend more time throwing the football with the neighbors.
These pillars will help me lay the ground work to understanding how to strive towards being healthy as lifestyle not a temporary solution to losing excess weight.
No comments:
Post a Comment